Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Needing a boost

The other night I was watching the Dallas Stars take on the NY Islanders when I saw something I had never seen before.  Take 15 seconds and watch this.

I thought it was amazing.  Brendon Morrow, who was too far behind the play to track back defensively, puts in just enough effort to get close to Steve Ott to give him a boost so that he can make it back and break up a play.

I'd be willing to bet the Islanders wouldn't have scored even if Steve Ott didn't get back in time.  This game is among many regular season games, so there's nothing spectacular about it, but I thought the play itself was so symbolic.

Selflessness.  Team.  Sacrifice.  Care.  Help.  Motivation.

Pretty cool to see.  How often do we a boost like that?  Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment