Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

There’s not enough time in the day

An up-and-coming triathlon I’ve registered for mandates I find time for biking, running and swimming. I work from approximately 8:30a until 5:30p. I’m reading Born to Run, a book I really want to finish in the near-future. I like to meet up with my friends for a beverage at least once a week. I like to watch some TV shows. I like to play tennis. I like to keep up with current events, attend church and hang out with my family. I like to keep my apartment tidy and my laundry clean. I like to watch my favorite sports teams compete. I like to cook in, as well as go out for dinner. I like to get at least seven hours of sleep. I like to blog.

I used to poke fun at the folks on the elliptical at the gym who managed to listen to music, read a magazine, watch ESPN and hop on their cell phone sporadically – all while getting their exercise. It’s not really something I make fun of anymore, considering I feel their pain.

There’s simply not enough time in the day to get everything done we need to get done, let alone want to get done. It’s tough, there are limitations. We obviously have priorities, and in turn, need to be organized and stick to a schedule if we want to fit in even half of the things on our to-do lists. There’s also this concept of still maintaining spontaneity in life, and ditching your original plan from time to time for random events that can yield so much happiness. I’m getting better and better about finding this perfect sense of balance, but I’m still not there.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment