Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Fender Girls

Yesterday morning I was on my way to work and I ran into congestion on a street that shouldn’t have been half as busy as it was, despite morning rush hour. I was bumper to bumper the entire way until finally I came upon the incident that was slowing everything down. Two women had apparently gotten in a fender bender, and to say “fender bender” is quite honestly an overstatement. These women were in the middle lane of a three-lane street, SUVs stationary, exchanging information while citizens on their way to work attempted to maneuver around them. Are you kidding me? It absolutely boggles my mind that these people didn’t have the common courtesy, sense or anything even remotely close to rational thought to think to themselves: “Gee, maybe we should move off the side of the road and into one of the 50 parking lots that lined this street!” I don’t get it. Forget the idea of human error in the lady who bumped (lightly tapped, blew a kiss) into the other, but what on earth were they thinking on having a pow-wow in the middle of the street in the middle of morning rush hour traffic in the middle of a very busy metropolitan area? Idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment